Friday, February 24, 2012

Welcome to Texas, Denny and Diane!

Just a short post today as our company has safely arrived in Houston.

Two sister chicks in a barbeque place
First, a Maine license plate showed up in the park today. Skipped my walk this morning as the winds were blowing a gale here today. Last night gusts were up to about 40 mph which woke me up several times during the night.

This morning we did some more laundry and made up the guest bed and cleaned the trailer.

On the way to the airport we stopped to see what the cost and fun was at the Johnson Space Center and it is something that we will likely do while Diane and Denny are here.

After that I went on the great search for a car wash. Literally all we could find were detail shops with lots of folks who would happily detail my car for $50, but no place just to wash the dust and grime off the outside.

Guess which restaurant we didn't eat at?
When I did find a drive through car wash, a nice, but persistent Mexican man wouldn’t take no for an answer when I told him I didn’t want him to hand wash my car and so I just drove off. The next, and only other drive through car wash, was broken. So I picked up my sister-in-law and brother-in-law in a very dirty car.

Everyone was hungry so we stopped at Pappa’s Barbeque which was on our way home. It was right next to a Hooter’s, which had my sister-in-law worried for a minute when I pulled in the driveway.

Back at the trailer we spent the evening catching up. Good times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment