Thursday, February 16, 2012

A quiet day and some loose ends

 The high point of my day was my workout this morning so that should let you know what a quiet day we’ve had.
Laundry

Full tank of gas
Accomplishments: Joan did a load or two of laundry and I filled the Tahoe up with gas.

Because I didn’t have a lot to write today, I’ve got some loose ends to clean up.

On our trips into the Hill Country we have noticed a lot of signs for a man running for Constable. He has kind of an unfortunate name for a politician: Mark Cheatum. Sounds like the first part of a legal firm headed by the Three Stooges: Beatum, Cheatum and Howe.
Some of the big rigs in the park often travel with a small transportation vehicle towed behind. The reason is obvious, no one would want to unhook and drive around one of those monster motorhomes except for traveling from park to park.

"I Go Where I'm Towed"
We’ve seen all types of cars behind these rigs from Hummers to Smart Cars. But today there was a Jeep with a tire cover on the tailgate that brought a smile to my face. The tire cover, which anyone following the big rig down the road would see says: “I go where I’m Towed.”
And for only the second or third time in the nearly four weeks we have been here there were no new license plates in the park.

Tomorrow we’re making a special journey, one to make my wife very happy, but you’ll have to wait and read about it tomorrow night. There should be some pretty cool photos if all goes well.
Other than that we’ve been cleaning out the frig in anticipation of our short trip on Monday to the Houston area.

Oh, and the forecast for the next few days: Rain and more rain. So much for drought plagued Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment