Saturday, February 19, 2011

More photos from the Naval Aviation Museum

A jet from the USS Oriskany which I saw in Vietnam.
A view from inside a former Blue Angels cockpit.

Joan in the cockpit.
A spare Blue Angels aircraft.
The start of the World War II exhibit.
This is for my Dad an Army Air Corps veteran.
Joan with a replica of the Nagasaki atomic bomb. (Not the one they used).
The Navy version of the C-47 (DC-3) Also one of my Dad's favorite airplanes. He flew it once as well.
This plaque went with a plane (I can't find the picture right now but I have it somewhere) that was fished out of Lake Michigan.

I like airplane art.

From the second floor looking down on the main floor.

A PBY, like the one my stepfather flew in WWII. (Also called the Catalina Flying Boat)

A World War II Japanese plane.
Blue Angels.
One of the many floor aircraft.
An early Navy aircraft. It flew across the Atlantic very early with a 3-man (maybe it was a 4-man) crew. They had to stop in the Azores to refuel. If I remember correctly only four of these were ever built.

No comments:

Post a Comment