Thursday, February 17, 2011

A "mani" and a "pedi' threaten my "man" card

My man card is in critical condition. Joan said she needed a manicure and a pedicure before we hit the cruise on Monday and I was in dire need of a haircut.

So I did a little research on local nail and hair salons here in Pensacola and ended up calling a couple establishments and finally making an appointment for a mani and a pedi (as the girls call them) and a hair appointment for myself.

We ended up at Visible Changes for our double appointments and mine took less than half the time Joan’s did. So I went and washed the car (a feeble attempt to reclaim my manhood after the hour long mani and pedi research).

We had an uneventful drive from Tallahassee to Pensacola and were actually in an hour earlier than we expected as Pensacola is in the Central Time Zone, which I didn’t know. The weather again was outstanding. Not a cloud in the sky and temperatures in the 70s.

It also means that Joan’s favorite shows come on an hour earlier than they do at home. Never understood why Central Time Zone folks get television shows at a different time than everyone else.

We had breakfast for dinner (eggs, pancakes and bacon) and I did the dishes to save Joan’s newly painted nails. So there goes my man card again.

The park we are staying in – Pensacola RV – is wide open which we like and the owners were very nice when we arrived here today.

In addition to the nails and hair business we did a little produce shopping for tangerines and oranges.

Look for lots of photos tomorrow as we are headed to the Naval Air Museum first thing in the morning.

Mileage out: 56782
Time out: 9:40 a.m.

Mileage in: 56977
Time in: 11:47 a.m. (12:47 a.m. Central Time)

No comments:

Post a Comment