Thursday, February 3, 2011

Joan is now a Tallahassee Lassie


It wasn't easy, considering an hour long monsoon we had to drive through near Gainesville, but we are tucked in nice and warm at the Big Oak RV Park in Tallahassee.

The first half of today's drive along I-75 was very eventful, the second half along I-10 was unremarkable. I-75 had lots of traffic, I-10 was practically deserted. I believe with today's drive I have now driven all but five miles of I-75 from north to south. The five miles I missed were the bottom five in Florida, east of the Turnpike. I'm not broken up enough about it to go back and do it again.

There were times today that the rain was coming down so hard you could barely see the taillights just ahead of you, but I tucked in behind another SUV-trailer rig and we traveled together for nearly an hour, including the monsoon portion of the travel through Gainesville.

We arrived at Big Oak RV Resort in Tallahassee and the owners put us in a nice space. We were unable to level the trailer perfectly because I simply need to carry a few more spacer type wood items in my storage. So we're a little off kilter from east to west (the narrow part of the trailer), but we are perfect north to south (the long part of the trailer.) We've had much worse, so we are not going to worry about it.

As I write this there is a light rain outside and it is not particularly warm outside (about 58). Tomorrow will be a chill day and perhaps a little shopping, but no plans of touring at least through the Superbowl on Sunday. After that, we'll see.

Note: I'm not very happy with a Shell station in Ocala, Florida. If I can avoid them I will not buy Shell gas again. From the freeway, the gas sign said '$3.09' per gallon for regular. When I pulled up and started the process to pump the gas, the pump said '$3.15' per gallon.

So I went inside with my receipt to complain and the clerk pointed out a minuscule sign, which could never be read from the freeway, that said the displayed gas prices were for cash or Shell Credit Card purchases only. Told the young lady politely to tell her boss I would run out of gas on the freeway before I ever bought there again.

Mileage out: 56134
Time out: 10:19 a.m.

Mileage in: 56329
Time in: 1:50 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment