Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Florida wineries: Who knew?

Joan found a couple of wineries near Ocala, Florida so with a little spit in the air we decided to make the hour drive to visit both of them.

The first one was Florida Estates Winery and the second was Strong Tower Winery. Both had small, but nice tasting rooms and Joan found a couple wines that she enjoyed at a reasonable price so we purchased them.

During my Internet research on the wineries I Googled "Ocala wineries" and up popped up Ocala Winery. So I looked up the address to find out it was just one hour outside Toronto. Obviously the wrong Ocala.

Temperatures today were in the mid to high 70s depending on where we were, but the slight rain made it unpleasant to be outside for any length of time.

The beautiful bathrooms I bragged about yesterday left me with only cold water for my shower today so I am not as high on them as I was.

Other than that it was quiet today and we are watching the unfolding events in Egypt on TV tonight. With everyone at home trapped because of the heavy snow I'll likely use the time to call my blood drive folks and get them lined up for next month's blood drive at the American Legion.


Tomorrow we're heading to Tallahassee.

No comments:

Post a Comment