Saturday, February 23, 2013

Shhhhh! Camera found, hike pictures below

OK, this has to be our little secret. The camera was located in my car, but I'm not taking full blame because Joan also looked for it in the car yesterday. This morning I gave it one last look before giving up and I found it wedged between the driver's seat and console. In my defense the seats are black leather and the camera is also black. This photo is of our hike leader Brad checking out the Gabe Zimmerman Trail head map. Remember, you can make any of the photos on this blog bigger simply by clicking on them.


A cliff edge from the trail.

That's as close as I get to the edge of cliff (there is an abandoned car at the bottom of the cliff)
Our little hiking group braving the cool winds.


This tunnel takes the trail under a very busy I-10 freeway south of Tucson. It is also used by Javelinas and apparently mountain lions although (fortunately) we saw neither. The creatures around here mostly come out at night. You can see the remnants of Wednesday's snow storm (we are about 3,100-feet in altitude here).

Looking back it I-10 after crossing under it.


If you look carefully, you can still see I-10 in the background. Sometimes you really get a sense that you are really in a desert. Yesterday's hike was one of those times.

Just a pretty shot of the desert

I have learned, but not yet painfully, that there are lots of things that can hurt you in the desert. Amazingly some of the animals are able to bite these cactus and eat them despite the thorns.

Just to prove I was on the hike.
If you click on this photo you will be able to read the sad story of how the trail came into being.

No comments:

Post a Comment