Sunday, February 3, 2013

A quiet but Super weekend


The weekend was relatively quiet. On Saturday we stayed close to home. I got up early and got in a workout and eventually we got up and around and Joan did laundry. Once again I performed the role of mule carrying the baskets of dirty clothes to and from the nearby laundry.
Joan enjoying the shade
We spent a lot of the afternoon sitting out in the warm sun reading, which is one of my favorite past times while we are away from home. Reading is something that I have little time for when we are in Michigan so it is something I look forward to every year when we travel south.

The electric grill we bought last year has died. Joan had planned to grill a couple nice sirloins we bought, but every time I turned on the electric grill it popped a fuse in the trailer. I tried taking the grill apart to see if I could locate the short, but eventually I gave up.
Joan grilled the steaks on the stove. We stayed in an watched a little TV last night.

Sunday, February 03, 2013
My day started early – about 6 a.m. – so I headed to the fitness center as the earlier you are the better choice of machines you have. I got back to the trailer about 7:30 a.m. in time to make sure Joan was up so we could get ready for church.
Sunday sunset

As we did last week we attended the church her at the RV park along with 450 of our closest friends.
This week- the first week of the month – was communion Sunday so we enjoyed taking Communion. The service was a little different from what we are used to, but it was wonderful nonetheless.

After church we came back to the trailer and changed into our play clothes and headed to the store to buy some snacks for the Super Bowl this afternoon. We did another Uleskey dinner, which means we had cheese, crackers and some other assorted munchies instead of a more complete dinner. It was very good.
On a sad note we remembered that it was on Super Bowl Sunday last year that we were joined in San Antonio by our friends from California – Jan and Norm. Sadly, just a few months later Norm died and we miss him terribly. Life is fleeting so enjoy and appreciate those you love and care for while you can.

Super Bowl Central in our trailer

So we settled in to watch the annual celebration of commercials and, oh yes, a football game.
And although the first half was pretty lopsided in favor of Baltimore, the second half turned it into a very exciting game. Joan was happy that the Ravens won, I was less happy as I was rooting for the Niners.

There was a beautiful sunset here tonight and I have included a couple photos below of the day’s activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment