Monday, March 12, 2012

Hooked (almost) and ready to head north

That close to being gone from Texas
With this being our last day in Texas our plans were to hang around the trailer and getting things stowed and ready for the long trip home which begins early tomorrow.

But Joan woke up this morning with a medical issue that needed quick attention so after I returned from my walk she told me that we needed to find an emergency clinic as soon as possible.
Now federal privacy laws prevent me from detailing the medical condition that prompted this quick trip, but let’s just say, hypothetically that is, that we (meaning Joan) was visited by an alien from the planet Urine. More than that I can’t say.

That took a couple hours, including a stop at the Kroger Pharmacy for anti-alien medicine.  Before returning home to the trailer I topped off the Tahoe’s fuel tank (nice that the gas prices are at a season high before our trip).
This is where we are headed
Back at the trailer I began my belated work to ready the trailer for our departure. Initially, my plan was to hook the trailer to the Tahoe today and simply get up and jump in and go, but the level of the trailer was such that it was not feasible. So the car is backed up to within a couple inches of the ball and all I have to do in the morning is pick up the trailer and then back the Tahoe – slightly – and we will be hooked.

Of course, we have to dump the waste water tanks, unhook the water and unplug for our electric shore line, but that really only takes about 10 minutes.
Because of the heavy rains, I used some of our leveling “Legos” (plastic square pieces that I use to level the trailer) as places to step instead of the muddy grass from the concrete pad to the door of the trailer. So I spent some time washing those off and storing them as well.

Our two camp chairs needed to be dried out and then stowed back in their carrying bags, which I also did tonight.
Inside the trailer, Joan kept busy with some incidental laundry, vacuuming and stowing of dishes and other loose objects. Just like the airlines one must be careful when opening cupboards because items “may shift in flight.”
The extended mirrors are in place too

Unfortunately, I received word today that one of my very good friends back home is in the hospital with a serious kidney problem. After talking with his wife I am encouraged that he showed some improvement in the last day or two, but I’ll be glad to get home and see him in the hospital.
For dinner Joan made one of my favorite dinners – which is pancakes, sausage and eggs, which I know sounds a lot like breakfast.

I’m putting together a post for later this week on our impressions of Texas and the highlights from this our fourth major trip. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment