Friday, March 2, 2012

Another friend getaway and our plans for next year

We had fun Denny and Diane, we miss you
We faced another friend withdrawal day today. It seems like just yesterday we said ‘good-bye’ to our friends Jan and Norm and then today we did the same with Joan’s sister and brother-in-law Diane and Denny.

I dropped them off at Houston’s Hobby Airport about 8:30 a.m. and then using the flightaware.com website followed their flight all the way back to Baltimore.
On the way home from the airport (Joan stayed behind to rest) I stopped at an RV service center to pick up a toilet part (I ended up ordering the part for delivery in a couple days). It’s a minor inconvenience and doesn’t affect the primary purpose of the toilet so we can wait a couple days.

Yesterday, Joan’s computer inexplicably stopped working. It appeared to have shut down and my diagnosis was that the charging unit had failed and that the computer battery had drained and the computer was simply hibernating.
As with all things electronic I was 100 percent wrong. After ordering the toilet part I stopped by a local Best Buy store and the on duty Geek Squad guy immediately diagnosed the problem as a simple reboot that was needed. So the cord was OK and the computer was fine.

Best of all, no charge. Thank you Geek!
Once I arrived back at the trailer (about 10:30 a.m.) I opted to take my 2-mile walk, for the first time in a week without my buddy Denny at my side. It was not nearly as fun.

After cleaning up, Joan did laundry and then we sat out in the warm air reading our respective books (I’m reading one of my O’Brian books in the Master and Commander series and Joan is reading “The Help”).
Also this afternoon I booked a three-month stay at Voyager Resort in Tucson starting next January. We have been studying our next winter trip and decided we wanted to go back to this luxury resort and spend most of the winter there. It didn't hurt they had a three-month special that will save us $400 for the length of the stay. We are hoping for a return visit from some of the same folks (and maybe a few more) who stopped by and saw us on this trip.

We had another clean out the refrigerator dinner and had a quiet evening in front of the television.  From the news tonight it sounds like Diane and Denny were flying over some pretty awful weather on their way back to Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment