Sunday, January 30, 2011

A gator, a woodpecker and a beautiful Venice sunset


Today was a chillin' day. Basically we took our time getting out this morning and when we finally did get out we took a leisurely nature stroll around our park. After that we did our weights and cleaned up.

On our walk we spotted an alligator, a "Woody" Woodpecker, a blue heron and a sunning turtle. The gator caught us by surprise as we apparently walked by it once without seeing it, but then on our return there he was. Not a giant alligator, but 5-6 feet long. Nothing I would ever consider messing with.

I'm going to put several photos at the end of this posting.

We looked for an Anglican church to attend, but none were close enough for today, but next week we should be able to find one.

During the afternoon Joan and I sat in the warm sun and read, she her magazines and me, my latest O'Brian book.

Joan did the laundry and I put the bed back together and did a few maintenance chores around the trailer.

At 4:30 p.m. we headed back to Casperson Beach to enjoy what turned out to be a magnificent sunset. Not an exciting day, but a very fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment