Thursday, March 7, 2013

A couple quiet days with a visit to a desert museum

The last couple days have been relatively quiet, especially Wednesday, when all we did was our usual morning routines, me in the fitness center and Joan in her water aerobics class in the pool.

It was funny as I was leaving the fitness center I glanced toward the pool and couldn’t miss seeing “the bonnet” working hard in the pool. As long as she keeps that bonnet, I’ll never have trouble finding her.
Later we did some laundry and spent the late afternoon reading in the warm sunshine (me) and shade (Joan) outside.

Joan's never ending search for shade
This morning I got up and went to my Men’s Bible Study, where we continue to study Philippians and as a challenge based on Philippians 2:14 (Do everything without arguing or complaining) the men in the study are all wearing rubber bands to remind us for the next three weeks to work to live out that verse.
So far I’m good (although it has only been nine hours) with the effort.

Later this morning we headed over to the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum to check it out before the arrival of our anticipated guests. Next week we look forward to welcoming Joan’s two sisters and one brother-in-law to Tucson for a week of merry making.
In late March, John, Nicole, Addisen and Griffen are driving her to join us for a few days during the spring break for Nicole and Addisen.

One of the fun things we had not done since we were here in October 2011 when my Navy reunion was here was visit the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum.
We wanted to see if it was kid friendly and it really was. To save some money we purchased a family membership which gives us unlimited visits for us, three free guest passes and free admission for our grandchildren. Also we can go back for short visits to see specific programs without having to pay again.

During our four hours there we visited a few exhibits we missed during our short visit on the tour 18 months ago.
You won’t find any photos here because I didn’t want to spoil the surprise for our coming visitors. OK, in the interest of full disclosure I simply forgot my camera this morning and by the time I realized I didn’t have it, we were too far along in the trip to go back and get it.

Besides we’ll take the same photos when we go back with the family. I did wish I had the camera with me during the free flight raptor show when they released a Grey Hawk, then a Barn Owl, Peregrine Falcon and then four Harris Hawks who hunted as a family together over our heads.
It was a very impressive display of raptors and training.

Here's a head scratching sign we saw on the way to the museum today: An RV resort along Ajo Highway posted a banner saying "RVers welcome."  Well, I would hope so, you are an RV resort.

After cooking in the 80-degree sun we left the museum and headed to a grocery store to pick up a few items for tonight’s dinner, which was chicken breasts, oven baked beans, potato salad and green salad.
So no need to scroll down for more photos today.

No comments:

Post a Comment