Saturday, September 18, 2010

Will it rain, or shine, on MSU tonight?


Today started in a downpour, but cleared up about noon time. I did four laps around the park which is my daily four mile routine.

Temperatures are in the 60s with a light wind and a pretty nice day all around. I took the attached photo outside our door this morning during the rain. (Our neighbor left his American Flag out in the rain, which is poor flag etiquette.)

We watched non-stop college football in preparation for tonight’s MSU-Notre Dame game. Joan slaved over a hot dog dinner. Or a "tube steak" dinner as we used to call it in our house when I was a kid.

I posted a photo of the television set getting warmed up for the game about 7:45 p.m. You’ll know how happy I am about 11:30 p.m. tonight after the results of the game.

Love the local sports guy here. He’s young and has the perfect name for a television sportscaster. Giacamo (pronounced Jock-a-moe) Accardo does the sports for the station and I was just impressed with his cool name.

Also overnight we discovered that the new heated mattress pad wasn’t working right. My side was super hot and Joan’s was not on at all. The more I turned my controls down, the colder Joan got and the more she turned up her controls, the hotter I got.

So in the morning we discovered that when Joan installed the pad she reversed the controls, which explains a very interesting night in our trailer. We straightened it out this morning and should have a more comfortable sleep tonight.

1 comment:

  1. This from my father overnight via e-mail:

    "Finally, a little history on the "Tube Steaks." Shortly after your Mother and I were married and living in a sub terrainian studio apartment in Los Angeles, I had referred to tube steaks a few times as that's what we called hot dogs in the Army. Your Mother, not having any experience in buying groceries, one day asked the butcher for some tube steaks. He had no idea what she wanted. The butcher finally figured out what she wanted; I caught hell that night when I came home from work causing her to be humiliated at the market. It's funny now, and it became something of a family tradition to request tube steaks."

    ReplyDelete