Friday, April 9, 2010

A quiet day, spent close to home, home as in Vero Beach

As predicted, today was a quiet one. We slept in, took our time getting ready and basically the women in this little adventure decided it would be a good day to get nails (upper and lower) done.

So while they were getting manicures and pedicures, I did a little exploring at The Home Depot and a car supply place to get cleaning supplies for the car.

After the ladies finished their nail repair, I picked them up and drove them to a large outlet mall in Vero Beach and dropped them off for an afternoon of shopping. Then I found a do it yourself car wash and worked for 90-minutes to get the bugs off the Tahoe.

In the humidity here, that turned into a pretty taxing job, but one that I was glad to get done. Then will a little time to kill, I drove out to an air boat launch site so I will know how to get there tomorrow when we go for that adventure.

On the way out to the launch site, I drove through a swarm of bugs and my nice clean car was once again covered with bug guts. I was not very happy and spent another 20 minutes cleaning the front grill and windshield again.

The call that shopping was done came at 5:15 p.m. and I picked up the women and we went for an outstanding fish dinner at the Lobster Shanty in Vero Beach. Grouper, Swordfish, Mahi and Seafood Saute were the four orders.

None of us could remember having a better fish dinner, and it was relatively inexpensive for the quality and quantity.

After dinner we drove out to the barrier island and walked on the beach until it got very dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment