Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Much need rain doesn't dampen our day in San Antonio

Into every life a little rain must fall and today was our day. Yes, folks, it rained in Texas which to the folks down here is a very welcome thing. More rain is on the way tonight along with hail and other scary stuff.

Texas soaker today
If you read yesterday’s posting you could have predicted the rain because I took a couple hours to wash, vacuum and detail my car which is like cloud sprinkling. I’m glad they got the rain they need, but it would be nice if the Texas folk would refund the $5 worth of quarters I used to wash my car. Just sayin’.
Before the rain fell this morning, I took a couple laps around the park and then moved inside to use the treadmill and stationary bicycle in the game room here at the RV park. Always like to get a little exercise in each day.

Joan attended the ladies’ work out class at 10 a.m. and had a great time.
This afternoon we drove to a nearby Cineplex and took in the movie “Red Tails.” The movie is the story of the Tuskegee Airman in World War II and was pretty good. I know my father would love the airplanes, both the real ones and the computer generated ones. The special effects in this movie were outstanding.

We, well, I, was also excited to see in the previews that someone has finally had the good sense to make a new “Three Stooges Movie” which I will look forward to in a couple months. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. Joan is not as geeked as I am about the new Stooges movie.
As we watched the local news tonight we were struck that during the weather reports each day the meteorologist reports the current depth of the local aquifer and whether it has gained or lost any depth over the past 24 hours. I told you they need rain. Today the aquifer was up .2 inches.

Joan fixed us the perfect cool, wet evening meal: Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup (made with milk, only).
The President is to speak tonight, but fortunately we have Versus, so instead of listening to that we’ll be watching hockey. Talk to y’all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment