Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trip one in the books, time to plan for trip 2 and 3

OK, so where to next?

I've begun planning a couple trips. A short one for the summer to a nearby State Park and a big one for next winter.

The short trip will involve about an hour drive to Lake Huron and a nice lake side park we heard about there.

The big trip will be a 5-6 week affair that will take us south through Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona (Grand Canyon), California (visit our sons and granddaughter, cousin and friends) and then home.

As I get the big route more defined I'll post it and would appreciate any tips, good RV parks or other information that anyone may have about the route.

This will be Joan's first trip to New Mexico and Arizona. I've been to both several times, but truly love the desert southwest.

As Steve McQueen once said: "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere, than any city on earth."

1 comment:

  1. I for one am looking forward to your trip to Aptos. Did you get Joanie a dog yet? Im sure she would love one.

    ReplyDelete