Monday, April 6, 2009

Wheels down, we are up!

A brief thunderstorm blew through here last night, sirens went off and a stern voice came over a loud speaker to turn to a local television station for advice.

The winds picked up, but we were watching a DVD ("Invincible") and decided that we didn't hear any freight train noises, didn't have a basement anyway, and that we seemed pretty protected by a line of trees and a large hill to the west.

There was damage in Kentucky, but no where near us. But we did want to let you know that our wheels are still down and we are OK. Best of all, no snow, so far.

Off to the Kentucky Horse Park!

p.s. I plan to put up an online album so you can see more photos. (Joan's not happy that the only pictures I've chosen so far show her and not me. But he who controls the keyboard, controls the pictures, hee-hee). Just to be fair, I've put a photo up of me yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment